As a school we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010.
The general duties are to:
- eliminate discrimination,
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations
We understand the principal of the act and the work needed to ensure that those with protected characteristics are not discriminated against and are given equality of opportunity.
A protected characteristic under the act covers the groups listed below:
- age (for employees not for service provision),
- sex (including issues of transgender)
- gender reassignment
- maternity and pregnancy
- religion and belief,
- sexual orientation
- Marriage and Civil Partnership (for employees)